Since that is exactly what I have been doing lately, all the other things that need to get done, get left for the weekends. And my list of to-dos is just getting longer and longer.
There are certain things that absolutely have to be done each weekend, such as laundry, unless I want to go shopping and buy new clothes for everyone each week.
I have pretty much given up TV during the week. Once I have done what I have to do each night, I tend to go to bed early to read and then just fall asleep, I haven't yet gotten used to getting up at 5:20 am.
I did manage to sleep in both days this weekend, something I haven't done in quite awhile, but since J is older and doesn't need me, I think I will continue to do.
This weekend I did the following:
- Read an entire novel
- Went to lunch with J (ds) & K (dh)
- Went to sport store to see about buying ice skates for K & myself (J already has his), can't find any to fit K's 11EE feet!
- Went grocery shopping and stocked up on "on sale" toilet paper
- Emptied then refilled and ran the dishwasher
- Made breakfast burritos and froze for weekday mornings
- Washed dishes by hand - several times
- Made 18 banana choco chip muffins for lunches
- Cut up & bagged celery for lunches
- Cut up & bagged melon for lunches
- Bagged Crispers crackers for lunches
- Did 5 loads of laundry
- Made the beef base for shepherd's pie (have to finish it tonight for tomorrow's dinner)
- Prepped the toppings for homemade pizza (grate cheese, cut up onions, mushrooms, pepperoni etc...) for dinner - leftovers tonight
- Hung up about 20 dress shirts of mine and DH's
- Researched a homemade pizza dough recipe then decided I didn't have time and made DH go buy some.
- Worked on a 1000 pc puzzle with J every spare moment I had (we started Sat around noon and are at least 50% done - I am finding puzzles very addicting!).
Looks like a lot when I put it in writing, but then why is my to-do list still so long?
I think we need a 3 day weekend - who's with me? Who do I talk to about that?