Ok this is a made up recipe - so please be aware that you may have to play with it a bit to make it how YOU like it.
You know that fake crab stuff? Sometimes called Sea legs or something like that? It is actually made from a fish called Pollock and just has crab flavoring and some food colouring added - anyway, back to the recipe.
Feel free to use real crab if you want, but I really hate that mushy stuff in the can so I just used this instead and since it is usually for a crowd, it is cheaper too.
- A package of fake crab - chop finely or just give it a whiz in the food processor - you want fine chop - not puree.
- 2 oz cream cheese - I have used flavored before - nuke it for about 15 sec to soften.
- 1 oz seafood sauce - you know the red sauce you dip your shrimp in? That stuff.
- Green onions - chopped fine - at least one - more if you like - oh and use ALL the white part - that is were the flavor is.
- 2-3 tbsp - mayo - I use Miracle whip because that is all I buy but I am sure your mayo will work just as well.
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, cayenne - whatever floats your boat.
- Couple shakes Worcestershire sauce.
- Couple shakes hot sauce - I use Frank's.
- Cooked salad shrimp - optional - I have used this if I had it on hand - chopped small
- So chop the fake crab (and shrimp if using)
- Nuke the cream cheese and then stir the seafood sauce into it
- add that to the chopped crab (or vise versa) and then add the remaining ingredients
- taste and see what it needs - if anything - be creative.
I serve this with crackers - I set a small dip knife in the dip and an assortment of crackers around the dip - I have never had leftovers so I guess it is a hit.
For more great recipes go to Overwhelmed With Joy!