I am sure many people do this but I know prepping as many things as possible the night before works for me.
- I make my son's lunch.
- I lay out his clothes for the next day.
- I get the coffee maker set up (we do not have a programmable one).
- I set my clothes out.
- I have all my work stuff in my briefcase.
- I even set my briefcase and purse by the front door.
- I have my lunch made.
- I take something out of the freezer for the next day's dinner.
- I sometimes even set out bowls, spoons and cereal boxes for breakfast.
Every little thing I can do the night before saves me time in the morning so that I don't feel rushed. If I can sleep an extra 10 minutes, all the better.
This works for me - to see what works for others, check out Rocks in My Dryer.