Well I found out yesterday that my 6 month work contract (of which I have completed only 6 weeks) will end in 2 more weeks due to lack of work. I have applied to a few other positions, but have nothing solid yet.
So while I relaxed a little while the money was coming in, I have to once again tighten the belt and pay attention to every penny until I get that next job.
Frugal things I plan to do:
- Take an inventory of our two freezers and our pantry. I am sure we can do a mini grocery exile for everything but fresh produce and milk.
- I will start baking bread again.
- I will get back to planning our meals (fell out of that habit) and start making them smaller too - I no longer need the leftovers to take for lunch and we ended up with too much waste.
- I will finally get around to selling a few things I have, on Kijiji.
- I will also go on a fabric diet - I have more that enough now and will sew most of it up before buying more.
- I will bake more to have snacks on hand for kiddo.
- I don't drive, so I won't go out shopping.
For more frugal tips, stop by Biblical Womanhood.