This is a repost from last summer, but I think it would make a nice romantic meal.
My tip today is two great recipes - one I found online,and one I created/modified myself.
I found this great Meat Stuffed Pasta Shell recipe and just had to give it a try - it was fabulous!
I modified the recipe slightly, I added fresh chopped baby spinach to the top of the meat stuffed shells, sprinkled Parmesan cheese on each, spooned sauce on each and then a bit of grated mozzarella cheese last. I also skipped the parsley and red wine because I didn't have any.
Note: I bought the jumbo shells. The recipe made about 23 filled shells. Enough for 3 adults and 1 child for dinner, plus two adult lunches. 4 shells is all I could eat - and I CAN eat :)
With it I made my version of bruschetta - recipe follows.
Bruschetta (I don't have measurements - I wing it - sorry)
- Diced roma tomatoes
- finely chopped garlic
- chopped cilantro (basil is traditional)
- small glug olive oil
- small glug balsamic vinegar
- finely diced red onion (I leave this out because I don't like them and just sprinkle them on DH's pcs at the end)
- salt & pepper
- Mix it all together and put in fridge at least an hour before needed - longer is better.
- I cut thick slices of Italian bread, brushed them with chopped garlic and olive oil and then had DH grill them lightly.
- Top with bruschetta mix (drain the juices before putting on the toast) and then crumble feta over.
I added a salad to round out the meal - it was a winner!
Even my picky "I hate pasta" father in-law loved it.