Thursday, 30 October 2008

Book reviews - Author Jen Lancaster





I was reading someone's blog last week (can't remember who) and came across the author Jen Lancaster.

She has a book out called "Such a pretty fat : one narcissist's quest to discover if her life makes her ass look big, or, why pie is not the answer".

I checked it out of the library.
This book is hilarious and I swear I could have written it. There were SO many similarities. A funny read about weight loss.

I good read - I would recommend it.

I also checked out one of her other books:

"Bitter is the new black : confessions of a condescending, egomaniacal, self-centered smart-ass, or why you should never carry a Prada Bag to the unemployment office : a memoir"

When I started reading this book, I really did not like her - she WAS condescending and egomaniacal.

By the end, I liked her more - the book illustrates how easy it is to fall into a false sense of security when things are going well, and the resulting reality check when things go wrong.

Another hilarious read that I would recommend.

She has one other book out "Bright Lights, Big Ass" but my library doesn't have it.

Oh she also has her own blog, Jennsylvania if you want to check her out.

No comments: