You know those nights when you are too tired to cook and all you want to do is pick up the phone and order pizza?
But you know you really can't afford to, so what the heck are you gonna make?
Maybe we should all just eat a bowl of cereal (again!).
We here are a few easy inexpensive meals that either don't take a lot of time to make, or little prep time.
Note: I never claimed them to be all that nutritious or low fat - add a side salad to make it healthier :)
- Mac & cheese and chili - any ole boxed mac & cheese and a tin of chili mixed in.
- Chili dogs or chili potatoes - hot dogs or baked spuds topped with chili
- Hamburger rice - browned ground beef, raw rice, water, corn, onions, seasonings and beef bouillon - simmer until rice is fully cooked
- Sausage rice - same as above but with sausage instead of ground beef and a cup of salsa added
- Spaghetti with meat sauce- any cooked pasta actually, tin or jar pasta sauce, cooked diced/crumbled sausage or ground beef
- Soup and grilled cheese
- Mushroom macaroni - cream of mushroom soup, cooked pasta, any cooked meat (chicken, ground beef, sausage
For more frugal Friday ideas, head to Biblical Womanhood