Once I managed to get it sandwiched (took 3 tries). I planned on quilting it on my new (to me) sewing machine...it had other ideas. I grabbed a practice piece and started quilting only to have the machine act up. As I didn't have time to play around, I figured I would just straight quilt on my regular machine. Which I did successfully until the bobbin thread ran out.
I refilled the bobbin and then proceeded to quilt without first testing the thread. I got a loopy mess on the back of the quilt that I then had to rip out. After playing with the bobbin for about 5 minutes ( I have no idea what I did) I got it to sewing smoothly again and I finished quilting the quilt on Friday evening.
However, as I used high loft batting, I had an area that looked just too poofy to me, so I ripped out another huge section, repinned and requilted it. I then sewed on the binding and hand-stitched the binding to the back on Saturday.
My handstitching is getting better
My neice Amanda - the Mom-to-be
I finished the baby afghan I started crocheting way back when, and gave that as well.
Also at the baby shower, I got to meet for the first time, the two recipients of the previous baby quilts I made.
My great neice Samantha - this was her quilt
My great nephew Dustin - this was his quilt