Allyson over at A Heart For Home is holding a Slew Of Summer Salads Carnival.
Lots of great ideas for quick & easy summer meals.
There is one salad I had at a restaurant in Toronto years ago - I have no idea what is is called but I recently recreated it successfully at home and DH liked it too.
I just guess at amounts - what looks good.
- Mixed greens (sometimes called musclin, or spring greens) or baby spinach, washed and dried.
- Walnuts, chopped - I just break them in my hand.
- Roasted red peppers, chopped - I use the kind from the jar.
- Feta cheese - crumbled on top - maybe 2 Tbsp per person...
- Balsamic vinaigrette - or equal parts balsamic vinegar & olive oil
Thats it! add salt & pepper to your liking.
Sorry I don't have a photo.
I also previously posted this pasta salad recipe.