Monday, 16 November 2009

Here's hoping this week is better than the last couple

On Nov 2nd J got into an altercation with a boy on the school yard. The boy said something rude, J said said something rude back, the boy started pushing J so J's friend jumped in and beat the boy up. Sheeesh.

All 3 got a one day suspension on Wednesday.

Tuesday on the way home, J gets off the bus - another boy (not related to previous incident) calls him and when he looks back, the boy squirts hand sanitizer into J's face - getting it in his left eye.
J runs home and washes off what he can and calls me screaming that it hurts - I am on the train at this time. I tell him to keep rinsing it and we will be home asap.

Get DH to leave work early and pick me up - get home to check it out. It seems better but still burns. We manage to get a late Dr appt.

Dr says he can't see much and that we should go to optometrist. Make appt for next evening as that is the soonest they have.

Optometrist says the cornea is scratched from the rubbing J keeps doing. Gives us eyes drops to use 5 times per day.

The school was notified the morning after this happened. The boy who did it was given recess & lunch time detentions only. J, like the rest of us, was dissatisfied with the punishment the boy received, so he set out to get him back. He made up a story about the boy and was caught lying. Yet another phone call from school. He had to write a letter of apology.

Then on Thursday of last week I get ANOTHER call from school. During gym class J hurt his finger. I get home to check it out. It is badly bruised and he can't move it.

I decide to take him to emergency to have it checked. Problem is DH has J's health card and he is gone hunting. Good thing it is almost nightfall. I call DH to come home.

I take J to emergency and luckily, it is not the zoo I expected it to be. We got there at 6:30pm and left at 7:45pm. His finger was x-rayed - it is not broken thank god.

Later that night, J and I got into an argument. He is at the age where he knows everything and will NOT let things be. He kept instigating more arguments until I had had enough and sent him to his room for the night and took away his Xbox for the next decade.

I had a horrible night's sleep and getting up at 5am was one of the hardest things I had to do. I had to talk myself into going to work, but I had 2 meetings scheduled in the afternoon.

One meeting ended up being canceled and the other one lasted only 5 minutes because the guy had double booked.

Due to a stomach bug that started yesterday, I am working from home today and so far at 3pm, I haven't received any calls from school - but there are still 40 minutes left.


Katidids said...

Oh...I remember those days. My boy would be so frustrated over the lack of follow through from the school and the unfairness of it all. He would challange me as a way to let out the anger. Hindsight is 20/20. Stand your ground Mom, keeping you in prayer

Vickie LeBlanc said...

WOW, you have to be strong mom in times like this. Get plenty of rest and try to stay "cool".

Gill - That British Woman said...

oh Kim, that's no fun. Kids will try our patience. I hope he gets through this phase without any more incidents.

Hope you're feeling better soon too.