Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Book review - The Bishop by Steven James

A congressman’s daughter is found dead—as her killers launch a spree of perfect murders in the Washington DC metro area. With nothing to link the crimes together, FBI special agent Patrick Bowers’ skills are pushed to the limit. Using his impeccable logic and innovative investigation techniques, Bowers is in a race against time to find the killers before they strike again, even as his personal life becomes more complicated than ever.

Although not my usual style of book this one sounded interesting. I found it a bit of a slow start, but because I promised to do the review, I continued on. I found the book quite disjointed and dry until about the midpoint. Then things started to get interesting. However, I found some of the so called tricks the detective came up with to be plain old common sense. Things anyone who watches CSI or Law & Order would think of.

Although this book is part of a series, I hadn't read the previous books, perhaps that may have helped.
The ending came together far to easily and didn't explain a few things. Overall, I'd give this book a 6/10

No comments: