Thursday, 20 January 2011

Baby Quilt take 2

So I flubbed up the quilt a little bit. I under-estimated the size of the finished blocks. Instead of the 8 inches I thought they would be, they are 11 inches. I only added one side of the border...so...

If I continue this way the quilt will be too big for the backing. So instead of having 4 blocks wide by 6 blocks long, I will make it 3x5 blocks. These blocks are to be mixed with solid fabric blocks, so I end up with 5 extra blocks. I'll have to think about what I can make with those. I'm thinking maybe a lightweight quilt for the stroller.

So here are the next set of blocks. I think I will make the quilt using only these blocks and save the green ones I made first for the stroller quilt.


No comments: