On Sunday I made approx. 120 pork pot stickers. I looked at several recipes online and kind of came up with my own recipe.
Measurements are all estimates - I don't measure
I'm going to guess and say this will make about 60 pot stickers - (I started with about 3lbs of ground pork)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 green onions finely diced - I whizzed mine up in the mini food processor
- chopped garlic - I used the jarred stuff about a heaping tablesppon
- 2t ground ginger
- 2t soy sauce
- 2t hoisin sauce
- 1t sesame oil
- 1t pepper
- 1c cole slaw mix - sauteed with sesame oil & chicken stock til wilted (about 4-5 mins)- cooled then chopped
- premade wonton wrappers
- Mix filling (don't cook) and start making pot stickers.
- Brush edges of wonton wrappers with water, add small amount of filling and pinch edged to seal.
I used a little empanada press - it helped but wasn't the greatest because I had the square wonton wrappers.
I still have a ton of filling (I made about 3lbs) and a lot of wrappers left, but I ran out of cookie sheets.
I lined the cookie sheets with parchment paper and the wontons and froze them. Once frozen I placed into meal sized bags.
This is actually how much meat I had left AFTER
making 120+ pot stickers - good thing it is freezable! At least 1lb.
Wet the edges of the wonton wrapper
Add about a tsp of filling
And pinch to seal edges
- To cook these I add some (2t) canola oil to a skillet with a lid over med heat.
- Place pot stickers in a single layer not overlapping or touching.
- Fry several minutes without moving. Once they are seared on the bottom, they should move easily.
- Add 1/2 of water to the pan and put the lid on.
- Turn temp up to med-high. Let them steam for about 6 mins.
- Take one out and cut to ensure it is cooked through.
- Remove them to a plate.
- Dip pot stickers into dipping sauce and enjoy!
Of course, I forgot to take pictures of these before we scarfed them all down - I have several dozen in the freezer, so maybe I will remember next time :)
Dipping sauce (serves approx. 2 ppl)
2T white vinegar
2T cold water
1t sesame oil
1t chopped garlic
2t soy sauce
Tweak to suit your own tastes.
For more great Superbowl recipe ideas - hop over to Life As Mom