Monday, 19 September 2011

Book Review - The Queen by Steven James



Publisher's blurb:
While investigating a mysterious double homicide in an isolated northern Wisconsin town, FBI Special Agent Patrick Bowers uncovers a high-tech conspiracy that ties together long-buried Cold War secrets with present-day tensions in the Middle East.
In his most explosive thriller yet, bestselling author Steven James delivers a pulse-pounding, multilayered storytelling tour de force that will keep you guessing.

My review: This is the second book in this series that I have reviewed, The Bishop was the first. While this is not the usual type of book I would read, I found it interesting and I think the author's writing is far better than in his previous book. There were several storylines to follow. This isn't the type of book that you can skim through, if you do, you will miss important clues and details. Speaking of details, there were some sections I thought the author went a little too in depth in detail, such as explaining the intricacies of profiling and I found these areas boring. Otherwise, it was an interesting and exciting read. I would recommend this book to others.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 

Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group
".

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I didn't get this one as it didn't really appeal to me,

Gill