Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Book Review - A Lancaster Country Christmas by Suzanne woods Fisher



Publisher's blurb: Mattie Riehl was hoping to give her husband, Sol, the Christmas gift they have both longed for--news that a baby was on the way. But as usual, she is disappointed. The holidays bring an acute awareness to Mattie that her dream of a big Amish family isn't likely to become a reality. Will those empty chairs at the table ever be filled?
Then a winter storm raging outside blows an impatient young woman and her husband into the Riehl home on Christmas Eve--and into a much slower pace of life.
Both couples are about to find out if they can weather the storm--and if miracles still happen at Christmastime.

My Review: I enjoyed parts of this book but not others. I found the contrast between the two families extremely interesting. I liked learning about the Amish. I did find the relationship between Mattie and her husband to be somewhat unrealistic and I found the ending lacking. I don't think I would recommend this book to others.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.  Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group". 

No comments: