Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Book Review - Emancipation of Robert Sadler By Robert Sadler & Marie Chapian

The, updated ed.: The Powerful True Story of a Twentieth-Century Plantation Slave

 

 

Publishers' blurb:

A Gritty, Raw Real-Life Tale That Will Both Shock and Inspire You

So many thoughts twirl in my head...I want to think back as far as I can remember--think on things I had long ago buried and let stay buried. There were things I never told anyone.  Now is the time to tell it, though. Help me remember it, Lord, so I can tell it just the way it was. 

Over fifty years after the Emancipation Proclamation, Robert Sadler was sold into slavery at the age of five--by his own father. Originally published in 1975, this is the no-holds-barred tale of those dark days, his quest for freedom, and the determination to serve others borne out of his experience. You won't forget this poignant true story of good triumphing over evil, of God's grace, and of an extraordinary life of ministry.

My review: I found this story extremely interesting. It was raw, unbelievable at times, heart-wrenching and that it is true, makes it all the more powerful. I would definitely recommend it to others.

 

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group
".  


1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I am more than half way through this book and it is awful to think all this happened, less than 100 years ago. I agree a must read,

Gill