Tuesday, 17 July 2012

The Gifted by Ann H. Gabhart



Publisher's blurb:
Some dreams were meant to come true.
Jessamine Brady has been in the Shaker Village for half her young life, but in spite of how she loves her sisters there, she struggles to conform to the strict rules. Instead she entertains dreams of the world outside. When Tristan Cooper seems to step out of those dreams to entice her into the forbidden realm beyond the Shaker Village, her life turns upside down.
Will Jessamine be able to survive the storms of the world? Or will she retreat back to the peace of Harmony Hill?

My review:  I liked this book, however, I found it a tad fairytale-ish.

I'm not sure how I feel about The Shakers, they seemed to enjoy repressing this young girl's spirit, although I know that was not their intention. I suppose their beliefs are just too different from my own to easily accept and reading about the conflicts with Jessamine somewhat annoyed me.

The storyline is interesting and flows nicely without any boring spots. The characters are believable with some very easy to dislike.

I found the "coincidences" a bit unbelievable but overall, enjoyed this book and would recommend it to others.


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: