Wednesday, 30 April 2014

A Sensible Arrangement by Tracie Peterson



Publisher's blurb: Marty Dandridge Olson is ready to leave behind the pain of the past.
Answering an advertisement for a "Lone Star bride," she leaves her Texas ranch and heads to Denver to marry a man she doesn't know.

Jake Wythe is the man waiting for her.
Burned by love, he marries now simply to satisfy the board of Morgan Bank, which believes a man of his standing in society should be wed. Together Jake and Marty agree they are done with romance and love and will make this nothing more than a marriage of convenience.

When missing money and a collapsing economy threaten his job, Jake's yearning to return to ranching grows ever stronger, much to Marty's dismay. But a fondness has grown between them, as well, further complicating matters.

My review: I enjoyed this book, until the end. I found story lines were not completed at all. I assume there are more in the series but I doubt they will focus much on these characters. Too many things were left hanging for my liking. Quite disappointing actually. Not sure if I would recommend this book, I guess it depends how good the next one is and what it explains.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".



No comments: