Saturday, 16 August 2014

Book Review - Woman of Fortune by Kellie Coates Gilbert



Publisher's blurb: You never know what you're really made of until you lose everything.

Texas socialite Claire Massey is living the dream--designer clothes, luxury cars, stunning homes. But everything comes crashing down when her charming cattle broker husband is arrested for fraud. Suddenly she finds herself facing attorneys, a media frenzy, and a trail of broken hearts. Betrayed and humiliated, Claire must face incredible odds to save her family--and discover a life worth living.

My Review: I have mixed reviews on this book. I am stunned that someone could be so completely clueless to the character and business dealings of their life partner. Claire seemed completely baffled about everything that was happening. And more then a bit spoiled, but I guess there are people like that in the world. Also how the older son and daughter in-law handled the situation was extremely selfish. They all seemed to be living in their own little bubble of entitlement. I'm really not sure if I would recommend this book to others - it was well written but the subject matter and plot left me cold.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group". 

No comments: